Creekside Surgical / Operating Room Scrub Level II
Mountain View Hospital
The Operating Room Scrub assists the surgeon at the sterile field by providing appropriate and adequate sterile instruments and other supplies during the operative procedures. Maintains the surgical field through aseptic practices. Works under the supervision of the Surgery Team Leader as a member of the perioperative team. Assists in the nursing care and preparation of the surgical patient for surgery and performs routine and delegated duties according to the standards of practice and policies of the facility and department. Facilitates and demonstrates cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The OR Scrub:
- Is responsible for the setting up and performance of surgical cases by assembly of equipment and supplies according to physician preference cards.
- Is responsible for the setting up and performance of surgical cases by opening sterile pack, supplies, and instruments according to sterile technique.
- Prepares sterile field, including sponge, needle, and instrument counts when needed.Ensures the sterility of supplies and instrumentations used during operative procedures.
- Works cooperatively in the clean up of the operating room following surgery, including the proper disposal of used supplies and sharps, the cleaning and decontamination of instruments, equipment and operating room.
- Handles specimens according to proper procedure.
- May act as an assistant to the circulating nurse in preparing the patient for surgery, positioning the patient in the appropriate position, and moving the patient to and from operating table.Assists the circulator in other duties as directed.
- Demonstrates understanding and utilization of principles of asepsis in all duties.
- Uses supplies conservatively and efficiently.
- During surgical procedures:
- Passes instruments to the surgeon and the assistant.
- Is attentive to the operative area by being alert for breaks in technique.
- Maintains an attitude of willingness to assist with the surgical procedure.
- Is aware of the location of all instruments, needles, sponges, and specimens
Education/Certification: Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technician Program. Certification as a Surgical Technologist.
Experience: Minimum 2 years operating room experience preferred.
Language/Communication: Must have the ability to effectively read, write, and speak English.
Mental Capabilities: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Can adapt to rapidly changing workloads due to changes in the surgery census. Can frequently and consistently make sound judgments.
Performance: Can work well under pressure and meet multiple and competing deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see the description following.
Interpersonal: Works well with others.
Be the first to see new jobs near Idaho Falls, ID!
Enter your email address below to receive new jobs when they are posted.No thanks